Friday, April 18, 2014

Skin and Bones

Do you know me? 
I am not skin and bones.
My muscles, they’re strong.
My young skin glows.
Can’t you see me?
I’m not skin and bones
My cheeks are flushed.
Lot’s to do; in a rush.
Where are you taking me?
I’m not skin and bones.
I have plans.
My dreams are unfolding. 
I think I’ll get going.
Why is this chair locked?
I’m not skin and bones.
My daughter, she’s growing;
see her picture?
I better head home.
Who are you talking to
in childlike tones?
I’m not skin and bones.
I’m accomplished.
Well versed; I could teach you.
Are you listening?
I am not skin and bones.
My love is coming;
picking me up, He’ll
be here shortly.
Have you seen him?
I’m not skin and bones.
I don’t want your potions
or afghans and condescension.
Do you think I can’t hear you?
I am not skin and bones.


Surely, I’m not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!