Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Ducks Arrived Today!

We've ordered some new ornamental ducks and they came today courtesy of the US Postal Service. They even called me at 6:30 a.m. to tell me the birds were here! We have a new pair of Chinese Mandarins that are "split for white." What that means is that the pair are the normal coloring as seen here. But 25% of their offspring will be this beautiful white variation! And new to our poultry menagerie this year are these Bahama Pintails, which are "split for silver." Here is a normal Bahama Pintail. So pretty!

And 25% of their offspring will be this silver variation!




Aren't they all so beautiful?! We are all excited about next spring's Mandarin and Pintail ducklings! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!