Friday, June 13, 2008

You Can't Go Home

Well, It's been a couple of months since she left. She's been busy. I've been busy. The time has flown by. I'm outside so much now that I don't usually answer the phone when she calls. She probably thinks that I don't notice that she's not here. But she's wrong.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard the Bon Jovi song, "Who Says You Can't Go Home?" I thought about how much she wanted to go "home" and how happy she is there. I know it's the right thing for her. But......the down side for me is.......I don't live there anymore.

I am having a hard time accepting that our separation is so permanant. The other times she left me, I always knew she was coming back.....in a couple of months. But now I have to say, "She lives in Illinois." And I live in Arkansas. And.......I can't go home.....to be where she is.......Because home means something different to each of us now.....and that is hard for me to accept.

Jessie, I love you and I miss you more then I could ever say. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!