Thursday, December 27, 2012

Apple Crisp

Five pounds of apples.  I use Granny Smith but any baking apple is fine.
1 T Lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 T sugar
1 T flour

Topping
1 1/2 cups white flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup oats (whole or quick)
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/2 lb butter, cold, diced

Peel, core, and slice the apples.  I use the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler Corer Slicer.  Mix together with the lemon juice, cinnamon, 2 T sugar and 1 T flour.  Pour into a 9X13 baking dish. 

In a large bowl combine topping ingredients.  (I've used all white sugar and all brown sugar when I'm out of either.  It works just fine.)  Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter, knives or food processor.  (But I just use my fingers.)   Sprinkle over apples.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or till apples are tender (depends on how thick you cut them) and topping is browned. 

You can use fresh or frozen peaches instead of apples.  Frozen peaches will be mushy, but still taste delicious! You can sprinkle this topping over any canned fruit pie fillings.  Use two cans for a 9 X 13 pan.  We make cherry, blackberry or peach.  Bake 30 minutes.

You can also sprinkle this topping on a cookie sheet and bake it till browned and crispy.  It is good on apple sauce, yogurt or ice cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!