Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's Gone

We spent the morning with her. Brushed her and trimmed her. Kate rode her bareback around the barnyard. We hugged on her and told her we loved her.....took some pictures and video.... And then we said goodbye. We've owned her 5 1/2 years and she has been a wonderful horse. My first horse is 17 years. She is just a wonderful girl. But we haven't been riding her much anymore and she has some "quirks" that make her inappropriate for beginner friends to ride. Kate's back and my back don't take well to her bumpy gaits. And so I decided to sell her. She went to Northern Missouri to the girl who bought her as a weanling and trained her to ride in the first place. She loves her too and wanted her back. So....off she went. I'm not sure I did the right thing. I thought it was, but it sure doesn't feel good....not at all. We can only hope and pray that Jazz has a long and wonderfull life with Kim, and that someday we have the privilege of seeing her again. Thanks, Jazz....for 5 wonderful years and many wonderful memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!