Monday, May 11, 2009

Duckling Triumph!

Yeah! We finally found something under one of our duck hens when we checked them tonight! Eight tiny Chinese Mandarins! Lucky for us, these are our most valuable ducks so we are really excited that the Mandarin hen did her job right - UNLIKE the Ancona or Khaki Campbell hens! Here is the whole clutch under the lamp. They will rest all night and then we will put them out in the barn in a stall with a heat lamp. We will raise them in the stall until they are sold. I'll post video once they are running around. These cuties are only hours old and still resting from the effort of hatching. ClaireAnna is begging to keep Cleo in the kitchen anyway. I'll let Dad break that one to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!