Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life's About Changin'

ClaireAnna and I spent the day here yesterday. We had a blast! And yet....my mind was somewhere else....sometime else. I kept seeing a little boy, climbing on the railings with a big grin on his face. I kept hearing his big sister telling him to get down with a light hearted huff. And there was another little girl, blond and sweet, holding my hand. Oh the many wonderful hours we spent together at this place - the four of us. We had season passes and knew the park like the back of our hands. We went to Freight Fest every year. We ate the funnel cakes and stayed till dark, got wet on Roaring Rapids and dizzy on Fiddler's Fling......There they are....running ahead to get in line on the Demon.......I look again.......and they are gone.

They are gone.....on to other things, all grown up. That little boy is working and going to college. He's got a lovely girlfriend and I only see him a couple of times a week. His big sister lives in another state and has a good job and her own apartment. And the one holding my hand, my little blond sweetie, just graduated high school. Today I'm here with ClaireAnna, my youngest. She's eight and has never been here before. I am having a wonderful time with her. I am also singing a Patty Lovelace song, over and over again quietly in my mind...wiping a tear or two now and then....and remembering.

.......(The Lord) whispered softly,
Time will ease your pain.
Life's about changin'
Nothin' ever stays the same.

And He said,
How can I help you, to say goodbye?
It's okay to hurt. And it's okay to cry.
Come let me hold you and I will try
How can I help you, to say goodbye?

Life's about changin'
Nothin' ever stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!