- They are easy.
- Purchased hay racks are expensive.
- They save hay by minimizing waste.
- They are completely safe unlike hay nets.
- It's a good way to use up extra welded wire you may have laying around.
|This is my finished cut piece of wire for the hay rack. (Not laying flat.)|
3. Leave the verticals attached to your piece and then fold them down with a pliers to prevent sharp edges on the top of hay rack. Trust me on this......would you like to see my arms?
4. Attach the narrow, bottom section of your wire piece to the panel or gate first. Then fold over the sides and attach them, being sure to pop out the wire to make a pocket. I used zip ties to make this rack because I was alone and in a hurry. I will go back later and use hog rings or some wire to secure it permanently.
|Click this picture to enlarge and see the detail of the corner.|