Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jazz is finally a mom!







I have waited four years for this baby! My beautiful mare, Jazz, ( showing off her stunning grulla color in the picture of her by herself ) has finally had her first foal, after 2 years of unsuccessful breeding. The filly, born 3/17/2007, was just exactly what I ordered and I am madly in love with her! She is a beautiful dun with a white star on her forehead and tiger stripes on her legs. Here is a picture of the filly on the day she was born, taking a nap on ClaireAnna's lap. I have named her "Chexy". Her registered name will be "Smart and Chexy Two". It is a play on words derived from the names of her ancestors. She is a "Smart Little Lena" and "Chexy Lady" great grand daughter, with "Two Eyed Jack" in her 6th generation. "Chexy" has a personality to die for. I have halter and lead trained her and she is now 7 months old and weaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!