Tuesday, December 27, 2011

He Is Mine

Twenty nine years is a long time to be with the same person.  It's a very long time.  I can't imagine what it'd be like to be in a bad relationship for that long.  It must be horrible.  Maybe even inversely as horrible as it is wonderful to be in a good relationship for that long.  I only know about the latter and the longer I am in it, the more amazed I become...the more amazing it is to know this person and be loved by him and receive the blessing of him.  The longer I am with him, the more time and opportunities he has to be all the things I need him to be, to prove himself, to surround me with his presence and essence.  He is not perfect.  He is not even all these things all of the time.  He would be the first to say that he could never live up to all the words I write about him.  But that is not the point.  The point is that he inspired me to write them.  Maybe not all the time, but certainly often times, he has been all of these things to me as he faithfully lives out the manifestation of God's love for me that he is.


He Is Mine
By Lisa Marie Harmon

He is steadfast, constant, always
He is a rock
He protects, defends, guards
He is a shield
He strengthens, supports, sustains
He is steel
He rises, works, persists
He is sacrifice
He comforts, encourages, uplifts
He is shelter
He holds, keeps, cherishes
He is a cover
He fills, refreshes, surrounds
He is water
He warms, radiates, melts
He is fire
He struggles, tries, stays
He is a contender
He is sorry, repentant, forgiving
He is humility
He is loyal, honest, trustworthy
He is friendship
He is faithful, committed, unconditional
He is love
He is a gift, a surprise, undeserved
He is my bounty
He is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!