Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Bayou in Winter

Sniper and Joey and I hiked to the river today and did some exploring.  It was only in the thirties, but they didn't seem to mind the cold water at all, running in and out of it joyfully throughout the hike.  
You can click on the photos to see them in a larger frame.









The Illinois Bayou actually flows through our farm,
 lopping off this 10 acre section of woods that we have only stepped foot on twice.
Maybe someday, I'll talk Ted into helping me cut some horse trails through there.
Maybe not.....  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!