Friday, December 26, 2014

Classic Deviled Eggs

I like my deviled eggs plain and tangy.  These are simple.  You can dress them up with chopped pickles or bacon if you like.

6 eggs
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I make my own)
black pepper to taste
paprika

1.  Hard boil the eggs and peel when cooled.

2. Slice eggs in half and put yolks in a large bowl and whites on a serving plate.

3. Add remaining ingredients to yolks (not paprika) and mash or blend till very smooth.  (I use my immersion blender or food processor.)

4.  Taste yolk mixture and adjust for salt, tang and creaminess.

5.  Spoon yolk mixture into a resealable plastic bag and pipe filling into egg whites.

6.  Sprinkle very slightly with paprika.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!