Friday, August 1, 2008

July 2008 Trip to Chicago: Day Six

Tuesday was our last day and we just wanted to relax. We slept late and then hit the beach near the Kenosha Marina. This is a lovely park with a very nice, sandy beach and the girls enjoyed a swim while I talked with my girlfriend, Judy. ( Why didn't we take a picture, Judy??)



After a couple of hours at the beach, I told ClaireAnna I was going to take her to the coolest park ever. Bowen Park in Waukegan, is a place we have been going for many years. Jessie had her second birthday party at a picnic table there in the woods. It has always been a great playground too. But little did I know that while we were gone, they redid the whole thing and made it way cooler then ever!




We finally made it back to Jes's apartment and got cleaned up for dinner. I have been dreaming about my favorite meal in all of Kenosha for 4 years and tonight was the night! Steak and Vegetable Kabobs on Rice Pilaf at Charcoal Grill HERE I COME! Ted and I had gone there many, many times and I had never ordered anything else. I told everyone that if they wanted to see me on my last night, that is where I would be and to come on out. Eleven of us met at 7:00 PM and sat down to order. Much to my surprise, the menu looked different. Ahhh......not good. I search and search......no steak kabobs. I ask the waiter....."we don't serve kabobs anymore".......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I am not kidding either! I almost cried! I didn't have a clue what to order and finally settled on a ribeye with a side of rice and some green beans....close.....but no cigar. Oh well....we all had a great time and took the opportunity to finally take some pictures since we didn't Sunday night.
Barb and Dave and Lisa

David, Lisa and Laura
Laura, Nathan and Lisa
Lisa, Jes, Kate, ClaireAnna and Jason
Mom and her three kids
My friend Mary and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!