Friday, August 1, 2008

July 2008 Trip to Chicago: Day One

The girls and I were finally able to take a trip home for the first time in over 4 years. We had a wonderful time and were excited to see Jes. We left on Wednesday, July 23 and drove straight through, about 12 hours, arriving at Jes's new apartment about 10:00PM.

On Thursday, we went to Baxter to have lunch with Jes and my mom and sister ( who both also work at Baxter)



This is the building Jes works in.

Jes was pretty mad at me for taking this picture of her at her work station. She'll get over it. After lunch, the girls and I drove all over Kenosha County, taking pictures of every home Ted and I shared during our 20 years of marriage while living there. I just had to see them all for probably the last time and get a pictorial record of them. ( See future post) It was fun for me but a little boring for the girls.

We had dinner at the China House, a sort of fast food Chinese place we used to frequent. They have the best Egg Fu Young in the world and Kate and I had fun tasting it again. Yummy!

We also stopped by Pfanstiehl to get a picture. This is where Ted spent 18 years of his life and the source of the money we used to buy the farm. Hence "Harmon PFarms" The PF is a tribute to the years of blood, sweat and tears that were spilled in order for us to be farmers!
Thanks Hon!

Later that night, we all went to one of my favorite places on Earth. Tinseltown! I LOVE this place! I LOVE going out to the movies, the popcorn and soda, the reclining chairs, the colorful decor! I just LOVE it all. This night we saw Dark Night and Grama B. met us there and took ClaireAnna to Wall-E. We all had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!