Friday, August 1, 2008

July 2008 Trip to Chicago: Day Four

Sunday was a really fun day. We started off going to Cornerstone Community Church. This is a church we attended for many years, taught Sunday school, went on mission trips with, we were deacons here. It is a very special group of people in our lives and I was trilled to see some wonderful old faces. I only wish I had had more time and gotten to see more of them. The new building looks fantastic! And Mike is as cool as ever up there with his guitar.

After church, we went up to Barb and Dave's for a family get together that lasted the rest of the day. Thanks, Barb, for putting up with all of us and the mess we made. The food was great. We had fruit salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, BBQ burgers, deviled eggs, outstanding smashed potatoes with onion and some grilled egg plant. Yum! Yum! I can't believe I didn't take more pictures...this is the only one....Jacob and Nathan and Kate. Those in attendance at this "family reunion" were Mom, Dave and Barb, Laura, Paul, Nathan, Jake and Rachel with her boyfriend Mike, Lisa, Jes, Kate and ClaireAnna. (Plus a friend of Jake's) It was a great day! We got home late and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!