4 - 6 cups chicken stock, or rabbit stock, homemade bone broth is best
1 Tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 can diced tomatoes, petit diced
1 cup green beans
1 cup corn, organic, non GMO
1 cup carrots, diced small
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed, optional
1. Cook chicken or rabbit meat with bones in slow cooker the night before.
(Save the broth for the soup.)
2. In a dutch oven, saute onions and garlic in butter till translucent.
3. Add stock, and all remaining ingredients except sweet potato.
4. Simmer till vegetables are tender.
5. Boil, bake or microwave a small sweet potato. Peel it and mash it.
6. Add some broth to the mashed sweet potato to thin it and then add that mixture back into the pot and whisk to incorporate.
7. Taste and add additional salt or pepper if needed.
Any beans or other vegetables can be added to this for variety.
Cooked barley, rice, quinoa or buckwheat could be added. (1 cup)
The sweet potato is optional as a thickener for heartiness.
Ted adds dashes of hot sauce to his bowl.
I usually make this the day after serving a whole rabbit or chicken for dinner with what ever meat is left over and the stock from the slow cooker. I slow cook the bones and broth over night.