1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprout, fresh
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts and dry them or let them dry. Cut off the brown ends and remove any yellow outer leaves. Green loose leaves are okay.
2. Cut the sprouts in half and put them in a shallow roasting pan. You can leave the very small ones whole.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine, then spread out into a single layer.
4. If there are loose leaves, include them. They will become delicious, crispy, brown sprout chips!
5. Roast in the over at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or so. Check every 10 minutes and toss to make sure they are browning evenly.
6. Serve immediately.
Notes: To make these fancier, you can add half of a chopped onion and/ or 4 slices thick-cut, chopped, raw bacon. Just sprinkle them both over the layer of sprouts. Use less oil if you are adding the bacon. Once you stir after the first 10 minutes, the bacon grease will make it up.