1 cup full fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, any color, chopped
10 ounces (or so) fresh spinach, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets, optional
1 or 2 very thinly sliced tomatoes
2 tablespoons golden flax seed, ground, optional for added nutrition
8 ounces cheese, grated
1 tablespoon butter, or coconut oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Butter a 9 X 13 glass baking dish.
3. Saute chopped onions and bell pepper till translucent and tender.
4. Steam broccoli till just barely tender.
5. Mix together eggs, cottage cheese and cream and blend. (I use a stick blender.)
6. Place cooked onions & peppers, broccoli and then raw spinach into the bottom of the glass baking dish.
8. Slowly pour egg mixture over top. (I pour it over the back of a wooden spoon.)
9. Salt and pepper the eggs, then sprinkle with ground flax seed.
10. Lay sliced tomatoes over top.
11. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
12. Bake for 45 minutes.
|Just before going into the oven.|
|Hot out of the oven!|
12. Cut into 8 - 10 pieces.
|So delicious!! So nutritious!|
|My egg bakes always vary somewhat. |
This one is made with onions, red bell pepper, grated broccoli stalk,
roma tomatoes, fresh spinach and Munster cheese.
If I am not using broccoli, I'll grate the broccoli stems I've saved and cook them with the onions and peppers.
I also sometimes grate up a carrot and cook it with the onions and peppers.
Use any kind of cheese you like!
Bacon or sausage can be added to this for a special weekend treat!
These can be cooled, wrapped in plastic wrap in individual pieces and frozen.