1 banana, mashed
1 cup natural peanut butter, or almond butter, or a mixture of the two
2/3 cup raw honey
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ground flax seed, optional for nutrition
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, optional
1 cup chopped walnuts, or pecans or almonds, optional
1. Mix wet ingredients together.
2. Mix dry ingredients together.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet.
4. Butter 9X13 glass pan.
5. Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly.
6. Sprinkle with nuts.
7. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool and cut into bars.
Cut in half and use an 8X8 inch glass pan. These brownies are not low calorie or low carb, but they do not contain any grains, dairy or processed sugar and they are delicious!
If you like a banana flavor, you can use two bananas and 1/2 cup applesauce.