Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Days Past Are More

By Lisa Marie Harmon

I want nothing
What I have and what I lack
Are equally nothing
Right now
With eyes closed
I stop
And seek only to be closer
I cling to his body
And soak in the peace of our oneness
Absorbing the heat he radiates
I press into him
Closer
And kiss his forehead
I hear his heart beat
Feel his breath
And press closer
I want to keep him
To stop him from leaving me
I can’t
He will leave me
Or… I will leave him
I want nothing
Just to keep now
To be Us
His grey beard betrays me
The days past are more
I press closer
And will it to stop
And know that it never will
So I stop
And hold tightly
And breathe him in
With eyes closed
I quietly feel him
And think nothing
But know deeply
That for this moment
We are Us
And I want nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!