Sunday, December 1, 2013

I Cried Today

For my oldest......


I cried today
When I thought of you
I was driving into town
Mind blank
Rotely bored
And then
I pictured your face
And your beautiful smile
And I smiled
I pictured that curly wild hair
Your sharp humor
And I grinned
I swelled
Proud of your accomplishments
Your hard work
Your high standards
And thanked God
For letting me be
Your mom
I thought about the baby you
The toddler you
The teenage you
And my eyes started to well
What a blessing
For all these years
So much joy
But then I thought about
The future you
And all the fun
And friendship
And love
We have yet to share
And I cried
A deep and joyful cry
So grateful
So happy
To have you
For a daughter
And a friend
For the rest of my life
I love you
So much
My Jes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!