Sunday, December 1, 2013

ClaireAnna

I wrote this poem many years ago, for Claire, soon after she was born.


I waited for you
Ten years wishing
Hoping
And then one day I knew
You were coming
Growing
Round and hard as a basketball 
My belly became 
Under my pink sweater set
I made a room for you
Pink and peaceful
I sang songs to you
Soft and lovely
I prayed for you
Be healthy, happy
And finally you came
Out of your hiding place 
And into my arms
No more waiting
Only singing
Rocking
Loving

This is the pink sweater set and the basketball belly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!