Thursday, January 19, 2012

Better Than KFC Coleslaw


Well, I think so anyway!  I LOVE KFC coleslaw! But I came up with this recipe that I like even better, and now I've adapted it to my clean eating plan with only whole, natural ingredients.  It's the sour cream that makes it different and the lemon juice that gives it a pop! I can eat   this whole recipe myself in one day.  :)  
 
1 package coleslaw mix
1/3 cup coconut sugar or 1/4 cup raw honey
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
¼ cup milk
½ cup home made mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup sour cream
1 ½ T white vinegar
2 ½ T lemon juice

Mix all ingredients except coleslaw mix in a large bowl with a whisk till sugar is dissolved.  Add coleslaw mix and toss.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!