Monday, January 23, 2012

RECIPE: Fruit Smoothies

You can make fruit smoothies a million different ways.  Sometimes I use yogurt.  Sometime I don't.  Sometimes I use ice, sometimes, just the frozen fruit.  I always save the juice from canned pineapple and canned peaches in a container in the freezer for smoothies later.  Here is a typical fruit smoothie that I make.

1 cup fruit juice (I like grape and pineapple the best.)
1/2 container of yogurt, any fruit flavor
1 capfull of lime juice
1 T sugar (totally optional)
1/2 bananna
3 or so cups of fruit
  pineapple, canned or fresh
  peaches, canned, fresh or frozen
  strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, fresh or frozen

In a high speed blender, blend juice, yogurt, lime juice and banana first.  Then add fresh or canned fruit and blend.  Last add frozen fruit.  You may need to add some water if the mixture is too thick.  You can add shaved ice if you like.  This amount makes 2 large smoothies.   Trying to make 4 smoothies at one time in my blender is too much for the machine.  I just do this twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!