Thursday, January 19, 2012

RECIPE: Mexican Pork (or chicken)



1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1" cubes (or any kind of pork, I use chops)
1 cup frozen corn kernels, organic, non GMO
1 can black beans
2 cups picante sauce, or salsa, homemade, (or Pace)
4 cups mixed salad greens
4 ounces monterey jack cheese, I use pepper jack or cheddar, grated

1. Throw it all into the crock pot and cook on low till pork is tender.

2. Serve over a bed of lettuce (or brown rice or low carb, gluten free tortilla), topped with grated cheese, with sour cream on the side.

Servings: 4

Notes: You can use a can of crushed tomatoes and 2 T taco seasoning if you don't have picante sauce or salsa.  I saute onions and bell peppers to add to this version. Tastes different but still good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post! If you like my blog, become of member or subscribe! (Check out the side bar on the right.) You can also share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. I appreciate you!